The first WUDAPT workshop was held at University College Dublin (7 to 9 July 2014) in which 16 cities were classified into LCZs. The objectives were:
- To develop a protocol for a global city database through discussions with experts in remote sensing, urban climate modelling, numerical weather prediction, energy balance modelling, planning, architectural design and the built environment, IT, GIS, land cover / land use and crowdsourcing
- To train local urban experts in developing the database for their city, which is then used to run a simple energy balance model
- To test the first draft of the training materials, which will be circulated more widely
- To discuss the way forward in terms of future workshops, conferences and funding opportunities.
To learn more:
- View a video from the workshop opening
- Read our summary report for a description of the workshop outcomes